Introducing our Special Moms for 2019!
We are happy to announce the 15 finalists of our ‘Special Mom’ Award this year.
What an incredible time it’s been! From the time we announced the award last year, applications kept pouring in. Such edifying experiences, and such incredible women! Each story is unique and therefore, incomparable. But, pick we must…. so, here are
Our 15 Finalists
- Asiyabenazir S – Mother of Nafiya Hussina (19) – (Virudunagar, TN)
- Baby R – Mother of Sindhu (40) – (Cuddalore, TN)
- Chidambaragomathi – Mother of Azhagu Subramanian (24) – (Tirunelveli, TN)
- Jayanthi M – Mother of Dhanushpriya (19) – (Chennai, TN)
- Kalavathy – Mother of Baskar (24), Bhuvaneswari (19) – (Thiruvallur, TN)
- Lakshmi P – Mother of Josepha (16), Joyal (15), Joseph (11) – (Tirunelveli, TN)
- Lakshmi Suneetha – Mother of Dinesh Kumar (20), Sai Krishna (18) – (East Godavari, AP)
- Nalini R – Mother of Veena (21), Vignesh (19), and Sathish (18) – (Krishnagiri, TN)
- Ponrajam M – Mother of Preethi (22), and Sai Hariharan (17) – (Chennai, TN)
- Radha Nandakumar– Mother of Arvind Kumar (22) – (Chennai, TN)
- Rajakili K – Mother of Jhansi Kumatha (23), Muthu Girija (17) – (Kanniyakumari, TN)
- Savithri M – Mother of Meenakshi (20) – (Coimbatore, TN)
- Shanthi Pappa – Mother of Rajeswari (35), Rajesh Mohan (33), Rajalakshmi (31) – (Marthandam, TN)
- Usha Subramanian – Mother of Ramnath (22) – (Chennai, TN)
- Vasumathi R – Mother of Vaithiyanathan (38) – (Chennai, TN)
They will receive
- A Certificate of Excellence, and a special Trophy
- A Cash Award of INR 15,000/- each
- A special Gift Hamper
- A Special Lifetime Pass* entitling them to a host of free support services from Sri Arunodayam Charitable Trust
[A detailed report on the 2018 event along with touching videos of finalists’ stories, are available at: https://sriarunodayam.org/special-mom-award-2018-post-event/]
What’s our *Special Lifetime Pass?
Our Special Lifetime Pass has been carefully thought out to provide a lifetime of benefits and free services to the finalists and their children. Finalists automatically become members of our ‘Special Mom Forum’ – a project aimed at empowering them through joint collaboration and knowledge sharing. Such empowerment will help them become powerful agents of change in society.
Through the Forum, finalists can expect
- Access to Free Trainings: They will be invited to regular training programs and workshops conducted by professionals in the field of caregiving for ‘special’ children. These workshops are sponsored by Sri Arunodayam but will be free for the mothers and their ‘special’ children. They will be able to learn the latest techniques in caregiving, which will benefit both mother and child.
- Free short duration stays for their ‘special’ children in an emergency: The mothers are entitled to leave their ‘special’ children in our care for limited periods of time when they may be required to travel out of station and have no one to take care of their children during those times.
- Sri Arunodayam as Legal Guardian: We understand the anxiety that parents face concerning the future of their ‘special’ children, on their demise. Provided that no extended family member is willing to care for their special children, Sri Arunodayam offers them the option to appoint us as custodian and legal guardian of their children. In event of demise, we will network with peer organizations and enable a safe home for their children.
We are so proud of you!
Thank you for inspiring us by your courage and endurance and setting a perfect example for all to follow.
We are looking forward to meeting you and your family at the event.
By Invitation Only
|May 12, 2019|
|5.30 pm onwards (followed by Dinner)|
Good Shepherd Convent,
32, College Road,
Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034
Jayachitra – 9884307815
Mugilan – 8056007715
Gayathri – 9962930037
Our program is truly unique as it is the ‘only one of its kind’ in India!
It’s not just an advocacy program, (which is so essential, given the utter lack of sensitisation across our country) but a ‘transformative’ program with a very critical mission – to transform the way society considers and responds to ‘special’ children and their families who are often misunderstood, discriminated against and judged.
Come, be a part of something good! You can donate in cash or kind. To know more, drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org